Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the good causes lottery under the SeaMoor Lotto. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within the South Hams District & West Devon Borough Council boundaries.
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules.
- Have a bank account requiring at least 2 unrelated signatories.
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership.
- Have a detailed plan as to how you will promote the lottery.
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee, with a minimum of three unrelated members, that meets on a regular basis (at least 3 times per year).
- A registered charity (if so, the charity must provide details of charitable status including registered number where appropriate), with a board of trustees.
- A registered Community Interest Company (if so, they must provide copies of their Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in their Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of their latest annual community interest report).
We will not permit applications from:
- Organisations that do not do operate from or work within the boundaries of South Hams District and/or West Devon Borough Council.
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit to shareholders and/or investors.
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC).
All applications will be reviewed on their own merits. We are unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
The Council reserves the right to accept or reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
The Council reserves the right to remove any organisation from participating in the lottery with a minimum of 7 days’ notice for any reason.
If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected, this removal will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the SeaMoor Lotto website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through SeaMoor Lotto - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials provided digitally in a range of formats